- Read “Who Killed Benny Paret?” by Norman Cousins (who_killed_benny_paret)
- Answer Who Killed Benny Paret — Reading Questions
- Introduce Cause and Effect Essay
- Read “The Black Table Is Still There” by Lawrence Otis Graham
- Considering the essay prompts, write three 50+ word topic brainstorms. You could do one for each prompt, or more than one for the same prompt. The best topics are those where you don’t already have your mind made up and where you might arrive at a complex and unexpected answer to the prompt. Handwritten or typed, these must be on paper next class (no, not on your phone or laptop–paper).