DUE: TTTC Illuminating Moment Essay (online)
- Practice with contemporary traits & topics handout
- Annie Hall
- The Things They Carried
- Read Atwood’s “Happy Endings”
- Read Eggers’ “Your Mother & I”
- Read the handout on analyzing point of view (POV). See me if you missed class.
- Read “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” — this will be a major part of our discussion next class, so read carefully.
- Finish reading “Your Mother & I”
- Type a 400-600 word analysis of the narrative point of view in one of the following stories. You should go beyond identifying the POV and delve into the purpose and effects of the author’s choice. See the handout on analyzing POV for good questions to consider.
- “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”
- “Happy Endings”
- “Your Mother & I”