- Next week: Seminar on Tuesday; Timed Write and MWDS on Thursday
- Feb 13: Sentence outline due for major paper.
- Finish “The Satire Paradox” podcast
- Discuss Gladwell’s position
- View an example from Stephen Colbert
- Quiz 4: Ch. 6-8
- Group discussions:
- Trout’s stories
- Billy’s reaction to the quartet
- Read Ch. 9-10 (the rest of the book!); notes
- In two class periods… we will have a seminar, for which you will need to have analyzed a modern piece of satire aimed at a current social issue. You may want to begin finding a piece of satire between now and next class, though you don’t have to.